Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveT SteveT is offline

Default Change Row of text to values

Hello,

I am trying to convert a column of #'s formatted as text ( GENERAL )
to values for use in calculation/lookup functions.

I would like to plug solution into existing macro that performs these
mentioned functions.

The column is 'AB' and I need no 'nice messages or if variable if statements',
Only for entire column to be converted into a # format.

The #'d cells have the green "ERROR" indicator in top left corner of cell and
I get desired results by:

1) clicking cell
2) clicking "ERROR" indicator popup
3) choosing "Convert to Number'

but it does not record these actions with the VBA recorder

This is Driving me Nuts, can someone help with simple solution?

Brgds, SteveT