Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amy Amy is offline

Default Round time to quarter hour

When I tried this I got only "#NAME?" I also want to round UP to the nearest
15 minutes. I usually have a column C with Minutes that I enter by hand and
the next column D would be MINUTES rounded up to the nearest 15 minutes.
Please advise how to do this? Thanks. Amy

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

You may need to recheck your typing, or your initial value.

To be accurate you should use 1/96 instead of 0.010417, as the latter has
some rounding errors from the true value of 0.0104166666666... (with the
6s continuing to infinity)

Or, instead of having to calculate divisors, you can let Excel do all the
work...

=MROUND(A1,TIME(0,15,0))

Rick