Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pricing formula

For values between xx.45 and xx.50 this isn't strictly the nearest xx.95,
but may well be good enough.
An alternative may be =ROUND(A1+0.05,0)-0.05
--
David Biddulph

"Elkar" wrote in message
All you need to do is Round your retail price to the nearest dollar, then
subtract 5 cents.

=ROUND(A1,0)-0.05

HTH,
Elkar

"Derby" wrote:

Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can give.
I am using Excel 2003 to set retail pricing for products in my store.
I have a column where I list my cost, then another column with a formula
that automatically computes my retail price based on the profit
percentage I
designate.
I need a formula to also round the computed retail price to the nearest
xxx.95.
For instance, if the retail price formula produces an answer of $188.00,
want it to round that to $187.95. Similarly, if the formula produces
$188.70,
I want it to round it to $188.95.
I've looked at both FLOOR and CEILING but I can't seem to make them work
for
what I'm trying to accomplish.
Any ideas?
Thanks again in advance.