Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JP[_3_] JP[_3_] is offline

Default How do I refresh Pivot Table from an external source ?

Why not write a macro to create the Pivot Table and copy it into wkbk
A, and destroy the old one, as needed?

HTH,
JP

On Nov 13, 2:16 pm, fbagirov
wrote:
I have a Pivot Table in the workbook A, and then a table in workbook B, that
is updated once a month. I then make a Pivot Table in wbk B, based on the
base table, then copy the Pivot Table from wbk B to wbk A, replacing the old
one in wbk A.
I need to be able to refresh PT in wbk A without replacing it, because links
to many other tables in wbk A get lost.

I tried to go to :

Data Pivot Table and Pivot Charts Report hit Back twice Select
External Data source, hit Next Get Data Excel Files * select the file
But I don't get the options to select the tables or the fields, moreover I
get an error something like "this is not an excel file" or "no tables were
found".

Please help! Thanks!