JulieD

Hi

if you select and copy the document in word (control & A then control & C)
then click in cell A1 of a worksheet in excel and paste (control & V)
does it work like you want.

if not, you could do this
control & A in word to select all
click on the insert table icon on the toolbar your list should be turned
into a table
now copy the table and paste into excel.

Cheers
JulieD

"Burger23" wrote in message
I sucessfully coverted the document in Word, but Excel does not seem to
know
what to do with the paragraph symbols. Ideas please

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

in the edit / replace dialog in Word
click in the replace with box
click on the more button
click in the replace with box again
click on the special button
choose paragraph mark

alternatively just type
^p
in the replace with box (all in lower case)

Cheers
JulieD

"Burger23" wrote in message
Tried this in Word-- but how do you enter a carriage return- pressing
Enter
does not do the trick for me

Thanks

"Marc Fleury" wrote:

"?B?QnVyZ2VyMjM=?=" wrote
in
:

I have a list of names, separated by a comma, in a file named
file.txt. When I use Excel to open this file, I get the Wizard to
format-- but the names are all listed in a single row (1) and many
columns. I can not determine how to format to lisst all names in a
single column with name rows. Thanks..

Don't know if there's an easy way to do this in Excel, but I'd use a
word
processor to find and replace (replace commas with carriage returns)

--
Marc.