Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ying-Foon Chow Ying-Foon Chow is offline

Default Calculating a generalized inverse matrix

On Nov 13, 1:01 pm, "Dana DeLouis" wrote:
Hi. I've tried writing code for "PseudoInverse" in the past, but had no
luck. Have you made any progress?

If you have a particular problem, feel free to send me your workbook. I can
run "PseudoInverse" via a math program for you. Its based on
"SingularValueDecomposition."

I did find this code once, but didn't do much with it. (beginning on line
#38)

http://www.koders.com/cpp/fidB528B6A...ECA5D936C05A4A...

--
Dana DeLouis

"Ying-Foon Chow" wrote in message

oups.com...

I'd appreciate if someone can tell me if I could find a (generalized)
inversematrixof a singularmatrixusing Excel. Specifically, I have
a squarematrix, say 10 by 10, but I know the rank of thematrixis 8.
Still, I need to find itsinverseand I think that can be done in
other programming languages, but I am not sure how to do that in Excel
(or if that can be done at all). Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Y. F.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for your message. I think I have found a solution using the
Singular Value Decomposition as you mentioned. It seems that I have
code it up using VBA or C++, or using an Excel add-in. In fact, there
are a number of Excel add-ins that can be found when I did a search on
Google using "Singular Value Decomposition" and "Microsoft Excel"
together. Hope this is useful to those who are also trying to use
Excel for matrix operations.

Regards,
Y. F.