Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default Begging one more time....Stuck on this....tracking Retainage %

50% and .5 are exactly the same amount. It's a matter of personal taste.

Fred

"Darrel" (donotspam) wrote in message
Project Total=600,000 (H35)
E36 F36 G36 H36
Current Payment Retainage Paid Running balance
100,000.00 $10,000.00 90,000.00 510,000.00

=IF(H3650%*H35,10%*E36,0) This appears to work, would using .5 be better?

Sorry first time on here I hust figured out how to reply without re-posting.

Thanks
--
Darrel

--
Darrel

"Fred Smith" wrote:

The best way to get an answer is to give enough information to get to a
solution.

What's retainage? What formula are you currently using?

Based on the information you've provided, it looks like a simple if statement
will do the job, as in:

=if(Cost50%*TotalCost,10%*TotalCost,Cost)

Fred

"Darrel" (donotspam) wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a formula that will automatically figure retainage
for pay applications. We keep 10% retainage until we reach 50% of the total
construction cost. After that they are totally retained. My spreadsheet is
set of to retain 10% already. How can I have it check the total contracted
amount and quit removing 10% once retainage has reached 50% of the total
contract amount?
I am using excel 2003.
We usually get billed monthly for six months.

Thanks! Trying to finish this up so I can distribute in the AM
--
Darrel