Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ying-Foon Chow Ying-Foon Chow is offline

Default Calculating a generalized inverse matrix

Thank you for the information. The matrix I faced cannot be inverted
by MINVERSE because it is not full rank (or "non invertible" in a
general sense).

While I do get a matrix by using MINVERSE, when I multiplied this
matrix with the original matrix, I am not getting the identitiy matrix
(which is expected, since the original matrix should not be invertible
in a general sense), but I am not getting the "pseudo inverse" or
"generalized inverse" either.

I think this is a problem if we are going to use Excel to do some
matrix arithmetics, especially MINVERSE: it will not give any warning.

Best regards,
Y. F.