Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Finding the oldest date in a column

If you have (guaranteed) date formats in column J, then this will
return the oldest date:

=MIN(J5:J55)

Format the cell as a date.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 12, 11:15 pm, "Robert Smith"
wrote:
Hi folks, am doing web queries pulling down data. In column A, the date and time show up - Oct 4, 2007, 5:00 pm.

In any worksheet, there could be between 1 and 50 rows with data. The most recent date & time show up in cell A5 in each worksheet. I'd like to find the oldest date for each worksheet.

Thanks to another soul here from a prior inquiry, he said that I needed to convert the date, so in column J on each worksheet, I have the following formula for each row. =DATEVALUE(LEFT(A5,FIND(",",A5,FIND(",",A5,1)+1)-1))+TIMEVALUE(MID(A5,FIND(*",",A5,FIND(",",A5,1)+1 )+2,255)) .

I'd like to find the oldest date in either column A or Column J which could be in any row between row 5 or row 55.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Bob