Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Cell Selection in Excel

It seems that folks tend to mix up what they do in XL and what they do (did)
in Windows Explorer.

Windows Explorer has an <Edit. <Invert Selection option,
Just as it also has a de-select feature if you re-click on a selected item.

On occasion, I myself will waste a couple of minutes searching, before
remembering that they *only* exist in Explorer.

RD

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Maybe you are thinking of Go To (keyboard shortcut F5), then special but
there has never been a built in function that when you select A1:B9 then
click editinverse and it will select all cells except this range

Peo Sjoblom

"Ray" wrote in message
I tend to experiment with different formulas in the outlying cells when
working on a spreadsheet, i know it was there in earlier editions(ie 2000
or
before) just getting tired of the extra steps to delete my doodleing.
--
RGDS,

RAY

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

When was it out there? There has never been an inverse command, Either
you
had an add-in or you mistook it for some other application, for instance
if
you select files in windows explorer you have this option under edit

Peo Sjoblom

\\"Ray" wrote in message
Previous versions of Excel had an "Invert Selection" command under the
Edit
heading. If you had selected cell A1:B9 and selected this option it
would
select all cells except A1:B9. Is this command still out there or am
just
a blind old fool?