Arvi Laanemets

Default (Sub)totals

Hi

When you need to view totals for various groups, then for such cases I
sometimes use SUBTOTAL function and autofilter.
P.e. header row is row 3, and you want to display the sum of filtered data
for columns E and F and to count filtered rows in column C (in column C are
text values), at first row.

C1=SUBTOTAL(3,RangeC)
E1=SUBTOTAL(9,RangeE)
F1=SUBTOTAL(9,RangeF)
(replace RangeC, RangeE and RangeF in example formulas with real range
references, or with dynamic named ranges)

Now, when you use autofilter on table, at top of sheet according sums/counts
are displayed.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Kwakkel" wrote in message
Hello everybody.
I have the following problem:
I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i
need to count all the quantities within the same sector
Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations

in
it as well, that also depend on a sort.
There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function
'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they
match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these
functions work, since i can't get them right (not by typing everyting
manually, nor by using Excels 'function input window'.
So, if you could help me out on one of these 2 functions, OR offer me an
alternative, i'll be close to eternally gratefull ;)