John Mansfield

Brian,

Perhaps these references that describe techniques of dynamic charting can
help - the processes for creating the named ranges is described in detail:

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Brian Sells" wrote:

OK, here is my problem....I am trying to create a dynamic x-bar chart and a
dynamic moving range chart. I am using the StatPlus add-in and can't get this
to work. I have been to probably 30 websites about dynamic charting and have
found nothing that applies to either of these charts. I think part of the
problem is that I have to create dynamic range names for the data. However,
when I try all the different methods of doing this that I've found I am
getting a #value error in the cell.
This is basically what I want in my chart( of course this is an example, you
wouldnt believe the amount of data in the actual sheet.)
I need an x-bar and a moving range chart that will allow me to update the
data AND add data and have the chart update automatically. Here is a sample
of my data

A B
1 Vendor Performance

2 1 36

3 2 33

4 3 45

5 4 39

6 5 38

7 6 40

8 7 46

9 8 34

10 9 32

This data changes constantly and I really need dynamic xbar and moving range
charts for this so I dont have to create a new chart every time the numbers
change or numbers are added. I have found several pages on creating dynamic
charts but they mostly apply to bar charts. I know that it's possible to
create these charts dynamically because I have seen them. Any ideas? Thanks
in advance for any help.