Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default Can you Pre-fill file name in SaveAs dialog

ChDrive "D:"
ChDir "D:\Data\"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show "test.xls"

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA

"Jive" wrote in message
I am looking to incorporate a Macro that copies some information from a
large
workbook and pastes it in to a new workbook.
I would then like it to produce a SaveAs dialog window, in a pre defined
directory, with the file name pre filled.
The problem i have is that if i define the filename in the macro it is
saving it without giving the user the chance to browse to the correct
folder
first.