Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
iliace iliace is offline

Default Calculating a generalized inverse matrix

Is MINVERSE() what you're looking for? I'm not a terribly advanced
math person, but if I had a 10-variable system of 10 equations, with
coefficients entered in A1:J10 and results in K1:K10, I would use this
to find the value of each variable:

=MMULT(MINVERSE(A1:J10),K1:K10)

Entered in a 10-cell range as an array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) -
but I'm not sure that's the kind of inverse you're looking for.

On Nov 11, 11:21 am, Ying-Foon Chow wrote:
I'd appreciate if someone can tell me if I could find a (generalized)
inverse matrix of a singular matrix using Excel. Specifically, I have
a square matrix, say 10 by 10, but I know the rank of the matrix is 8.
Still, I need to find its inverse and I think that can be done in
other programming languages, but I am not sure how to do that in Excel
(or if that can be done at all). Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Y. F.