Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Negative entry

To you point:

Format Cells... Number Custom
"-"General" (only joking)"

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755

"Stephen" wrote:

But be aware that this changes only the way the number is shown, not the
underlying value. So if the value is then used elsewhere in a formula, the
positive value will be used, which I would find very confusing. Whilst this
is exactly what the OP asked, it may well not be what was wanted! Certainly
the OP should be made aware of this.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
(General);(General)

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"GeeTee" wrote in message
Can I format cells so that any number entered into it is shown as
negative
automatically ie not having to make the entry with a minus sign

Thanks