Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MelB MelB is offline

Default password protection

Would the macro be a difficult one to write or pretty basic?

If I go with your latter suggestion, how do I go about consolidating the
"one worksheet" workbooks into one workbook with several sheets? And make
sure they are always in sync. So I would enter changes in the master
workbook (with 9 sheets) and the subsidiary single sheet workbooks would be
automatically updated?

Thanks for your help.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

You certainly can't implement anything like this *without* macros.

Worse, even if you *do* implement it with macros, they are so easy to
bypass, that you should assume that any user with the ability to find
these newsgroups can by pass the protection and read anything in your
workbook.

You would probably be better off to create 9 separate workbooks - eight
1-sheet books, that you can password protect, either via XL (though even
that's pretty easily cracked), or through file permissions, and one
workbook that consolidates the data from each subsidiary workbook.

In article ,
MelB wrote:

How do I do this with password protection? I don't have any experience with
macros yet so I am hoping that isn't necessary for this.