Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Text not showing in merged cells

Billy

You can enter 32,767 characters in a single cell but Excel will show/print only
about 1024 of these.

Merging 5 cells into one cell does change this fact.

All that does is make a larger single cell with the same limitation.

Stick a linefeed in about every 100 or so characters to increase the limit.

Alt + Enter will give a linefeed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:32:00 -0800, Billy B
wrote:

I have an Excel 2000 worksheet with a series of cells text wrapped and
merged. There is quite a bit of text in the cell and only about 1/2 of it is
shown on the page. I can view all of the text when I click on the merged
cells but not when I click elsewhere. I found Jim Rech's macro to adjust the
row height, tested it but still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?
Thank you.