Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Stop 10-6 from changeing to 6-Oct, or anything else.

If you enter 11-10, Excel will interpret this as a date of November 10, 2007
(U.S.) and store it internally as the number 39396. This has nothing to do
with formatting. If you want to have 11-10 in your cell, preformat the cell
as text, so that Excel will interpret anything you enter into the cell as
text or you can enter your score as '11-10. The apostrophe makes the entry
text.

"JadedMan" wrote in message
Trying to keep track of sports scores, and everytime I enter anything that
could be a date it auto-formats. I don't want it to change it at all, is
there a way to turn off formating? Or at least for times that I have this
issue?

When I got into Format Cells, all of the options still change the number
something crazy like 39361, or worse.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!