Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default String of functions confusion - please help

Enter
..97
in a new, unused cell.
Then, right click in that cell and choose "Copy".

Select C4 to T4,
Right click in that selection and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Multiply",
Then <OK.

--

HTH,

RD

"Ashlee" wrote in message
I will try to explain this the best I can.

I want to multiple a series of cells say C4:T4 by a specific percent, then
with that product I want to subtract it from the original number, so it
would
be some thing like this:

100*.03= 3 then 100-3 = 97

That "97" is what I need to be replaced in each cell. I have no idea how to
do this at all. If someone could give me some guidance that would be great.
Thank you