Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boris[_3_] Boris[_3_] is offline

Default deviding hours

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:02:00 -0800, tamara wrote:

I calculate the montly hours leaves for the employees, I make the sum of the
daily leaves and the format [hh]:mm, then i want to convert the sum to days &
hours, every 7 leaves hours = 1 day so I put the formula: =int( A1/7) but the
result is always 0, so what should I do?

If you make the sum in format hh:mm, Excel will add a day for every 24
hours, so you will end up in less hours.
I would make calculations with hour values only, so INT(A1/7) will work,
and for presentation purposes only convert to hh:mm format.

HTH,
B.