Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Counting rows from columns on multiple worksheets?

Assume you have 3 identically structured source sheets named as simply: x, y, z

In your summary sheet,
List the 3 sheetnames in A3 down, ie: x, y, z
Input the dual criteria in B1:B2, ie: Suzie Smith, Tuesday
Then place in B3:
=SUMPRODUCT((INDIRECT("'"&$A3&"'!A2:A100")=B$1)*(( INDIRECT("'"&$A3&"'!C2:C100")=B$2)))
Copy B3 down to return the counts from each sheet.
Then you could just total up the counts in say, B6: =SUM(B3:B5)
--
Max
Singapore
"The BriGuy" wrote:
I am looking for a formula to count instances, from multiple sheets, where
criteria in one column and another column occur. For example I have 4
worksheets and I amd looking for all instances where column A in all books
=Suzie Smith AND where column C in all books = Tuesday. Any ideas?

Thanks