Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Finding data in a text column

If your data is in Column A, *and* you will *always* have a <space and 6
characters after the "WO#", then try this:

=MID(A1,FIND("WO#",A1),10)

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Secret Squirrel" wrote in
message ...
I have a column that has a description of each of my inventoried items. The
syntax is not the same for any of them. Each one of these items has a
specific section that I need to extract to another column. Since they are
not
in the same location within the field how would I pull this data out? The
data I'm looking for is the "WO# 223900". The 6 digits are not always the
same either but the "WO#" is. How can I extract this info from my field?