Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] pedro.bizarro@gmail.com is offline

Default Excel 2007 hangs on any change to large range of data

On Oct 25, 2:51 pm, shoemaven
wrote:
Just started a new job - using 2007 for the first time -
Working with a 1.17MB file - subtotals take 2-3 minutes to complete, as does
deleting 5000 rows of data (filtering subtotal lines and deleting balance) -
I'm sure 2007 isn't supposed to be slower than 2003! Are there any settings I
might need to change to speed things up?

I have exactly the same problem. I noticed that not only Excel hangs
when I delete thousands of cells, but Word will hang for exactly the
same duration as the Excel hang. After about a minute or so, both come
back to normal. I am using them on Vista.

If you found a solution, please share it!
Thanks,
Pedro