Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
James James is offline

Default Count age ranges

Thank you all for helping. The formula below worked for me so am able to
manipulate it for the other ranges. Thanks again!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Could you be a bit more specific, what did not work and what was your
formula?

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"65")

will count all over 65

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"60")-COUNTIF(A1:A100,"65")

will count from 61 and up to 65 (including 65)

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"55")-COUNTIF(A1:A100,"60")

will count 56 to 60 (including 60)

You might have to tweak = etc depending on the limits for each age group
just make sure you don't double count

Peo Sjoblom

"James" wrote in message
I have a column showing the ages of a number of people. I want to count the
number of people who a

Over 65
60 to 65
and 55 to 60

The countif formula I tried is not working. Thank you in advance for any
help.

James