Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CharlyFarly CharlyFarly is offline

Default function for counting how many times a Q is answered wrong

Hi there,
I'm a bit stuck - I've written a fairly simple S/sht which is basically
designed to hold the answers to a number of book based multi choice tests.
Reason behind it was simply so that the student can enter the answer they
think is appropriate without either marking their book, thus meaning they
can't repeat that test, or without the need to write out the question numbers
repeatedly.

So, the actual comparison and "right or wrong" flag is fairly simple, but
one extra bit of functionality I'd like to add is to add a running count of
how many times a particular question has been answered incorrectly....so that
hopefully the tests can be done several times and attention diverted to those
topics causing the most problem.

My issue is I don't know how to do this, as the standard worksheet functions
would reset to zero when the original answer is deleted....I think it might
be a macro job, but wouldnt' know where to start....any help gratefully
received!