Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IF Statement[_2_] IF Statement[_2_] is offline

Default Create Variances using Pivot Table

Thank you Debra. This is excetlly I was looking for.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

There's a description, with a picture, he

IF Statement wrote:
Thank you Roger.

Could you clarify "drag the Data icon and drop on Total" how this can be
done. Which total do you mean? Please advise.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Drag another copy of your Data filed to the Data area.
Double click on field headerAdvancedShow Data as%Difference from
Previous

On the PT, drag the Data icon and drop on Total so he values show side by
side.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"IF Statement" wrote in message

I am trying to find the variance % between the data using different
months.
I was unable to figure out how I can show the variance by % using the
Pivot
Table.

For example:

Current Data
Desc 01/01/2007 02/28/2007 03/31/2007
Ticket Sales $100.00 $120.00 $97.00

Looking for results:
Desc 01/01/2007 02/28/2007 Change in % 03/31/2007
Change in %
Ticket Sales $100.00 $120..00 +20%
$97.00
-19%