Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default vlookup question

Hi Mark

If I have understood you correctly then
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,SheetB!$H:$H,1,0)),"",F2)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"MarkT" wrote in message
Hi All,

I asked this question previously but perhaps did not explain it too well,
will try again.

I have two different spreadsheets, A & B in excel 2007 and am trying to
compare like Customer ID Numbers between the two spreadsheets.

Spreadsheet A is a weekly report of sales and has the following columns:

Cust ID, Cust Name, Sales Order #, Date, Status, Sales Amount & Sales Rep.
the length always changes from week to week, but the columns remain the
same.

Spreadsheet B is a running report of customers that our telemarketer has
brought into our store. It has many columns, but one of which is the
CustID,
just like in the previous Spreadsheet A.

I would like to run a formula, in Spreadsheet A that will take the Cust ID
on each row in Spreadsheet A and compare it to the list of those Cust ID's
in
Spreadsheet B. If the Cust ID is not found, do nothing. If the Cust ID
is
found - I would then like to have the Sales Amount value brought in as the
result.

Column ID's in Spreadsheet A:

1st Column (A) is Cust ID
6th Column (F) is Sales Amount
9th Column (I) is where I would like this formula (and result if the Cust
ID
is on the other spreadsheet) to go.

Column ID in Spreadsheet B:

Cust ID is in column H and will either have a four digit numerical number
representing the Customer ID Number, or it will be blank. I can reformat
the
number to be text if that will help in the lookup.

Thanks for your help, if you have any questions, or if I can clarify the
example better, please let me know.