Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
livetohike livetohike is offline

Default Default entry to year other than current

On Nov 8, 10:54 am, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
One way would be to allow it to default to this year, then subtract 365 from
them all using Paste Special/ Subtract.
--
David Biddulph

"livetohike" wrote in message

ups.com...

I need to enter a whole bunch of dates in 2006.

Currently I have to type 2/23/06, 5/12/06, etc.

I would like to type 3/23, 5/12, etc. and have it default to 2006
(rather than the current year).

This would save a lot of typing.

Can do?
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I would NOT recommend that anyone change
their system clock unless they really know what they are doing. The
operating system, not to mention apps running as processes are
constantly using the system clock to stamp files, perform scheduled
operations, check for updates, etc. This is a drastic solution and is
not necessary.

David's solution worked just fine w/ one additional step: After the
paste the date is converted to a number, so you have to go back and
format it as 'date' again. No big deal.

I ended up using the concatenate function to append "/06" to my date
(ex: 6/22) yielding "6/22/06".