Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Dynamic formula for Pivot Table

Hi

For the benefit of others, could you say what you did and how you resolved
the problem?

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"JHL" wrote in message
I've got this solved now. Thanks for the replies
"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Are you creating the pivot table in a different workbook?
If so, have the source data workbook open, and include the workbook name
in the reference, e.g.: OtherBook.xls!RRBB001

JHL wrote:
Roger
I tried that after your suggestion, but it still doesn't work for me. I
get the same error message.

"Roger Govier" <rogerattechnology4NOSPAMu.co.uk wrote in message

Hi

Did you enter
=RRBB001
That is what is required in the source dialogue
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"JHL" wrote in message

Hello,
I'm using Excel 2000. I'm trying to name a range for a dynamic formula
be used in a pivot table. I found a very good tip on this site, but I
can't
get the "named range" to work. Here is what I've done:

I name the range by choosing Insert Name Define
I type my name "RRBB001" without the quotes.

In the Refers to box I type
=offset(data!$A$1,0,0,Counta(Data!$A:$A),7)

I click OK

Then a choose the pivot table and for the range I type "RRBB001", click
Next

Here is where I get the error message " Reference is not valid"

However, when I go back into Insert Name Paste, the name prints and
the
offset formula. Help is appreciated as always.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures