Denise Lane

Default Excel Program Error - Excel.exe Generated Errors Message

Opening Excel from Start Menu or opening excel file generates following
message: "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You
will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

I have uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled. I have also tried clicking
the repair option. I have also tried the customized install with templates
checked for run from my computer.

I have read http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;280504

Under Excel Startup Folders, I have read 240150. I do not have the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft. Nor is it
under the d drive. It is not re-installing when loading.

I can start excel under /s but not under /automation.

I have searched for a excel.xlb or username.xlb file and one is not found on
c or d drive.

I renamed the excel.pip file to excelold.pip. I couldn't change the pip
extension.

Please help me to correct this problem.

Thanks,

Denise