Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] sue.birley@moat.co.uk is offline

Default Workbooks.Open Filename:=.UpdateLinks:=0, IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended:=True

On 9 Nov, 09:20, wrote:
On 8 Nov, 16:49, Dave O wrote:

Hi, Sue-
The line of code you posted in your subject line does not contain a
filename: I got that line to work when I used a filename, comme ca:
Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\ok2del.xls", UpdateLinks:=0,
IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended:=True

Did you inadvertently leave that out of your code?

DaveO
Eschew obfuscation

Yes I did miss it off. Tthe fielname is Filename but I haven't
defined it. Thanks for the clue. I'll try again.

Hi everyone thanks for your tips
It all works fine now. This is my complete code

For X = 0 To RAfiles - 1
Y = Workbooks(Budsbk).Worksheets("RA Importer").Cells(16 + X, 5).Value
Workbooks.Open Y, UpdateLinks:=0, IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended:=True