Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Indirect - Multiple Sheets/Cells

You may have spaces in the sheet names.

With list of sheet names in column A

In B1 enter =INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!"&"K20")

Note that A2 is not absolute so can be copied down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 07:04:04 -0800, Keep It Simple Stupid
wrote:

I have several sheets that I need to pull the information from cells K20,
K65, and K79 for each sheet.
On a "Summary" sheet, I have listed the sheet names in Column A.

So far I have tried using versions of an INDIRECT formula, but it does not
consistently work (in fact, the few times it has worked, I can't figure out
why)!

Here's the formula I was using:
=INDIRECT($A$2&"!"&"K20") Usually this formula comes back as #REF... What
am I doing wrong????