Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Joeb Joeb is offline

Default excel spreadshhet takes long time to open in excel 2007

I have an excel spreadsheet which was created in excel 2003. When i try and
open the spreadsheet in excel 2007 , it opens ok but on this spreadsheet are
signature panels. When i try and click on these signature panels the
spreadsheet takes a long time to open.

i noticed that in the bottom left hand corner of the screen it show that
that excel is searching the file for font colours and hidden rows. When this
finishes the signature option opens. I think that the search is why it is
taking a long time to open.

why would it be searching for font colours. is there something missing in
excel 2007 that it cannot find.