Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Excel as a products catalogue?

XL is best used when you want to add subtract multiply and divide (or
otherwise analyze data). When you ask it to do otherwise you run into
inherent limitations. If you have publisher then I would say now is the
perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. It is designed to publishing
things like cataloges.

That is my 2 cents (for what it is worth)...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Pat" wrote:

The continuing story of my products catalogue...
Having experienced trouble with Word in that matter that too many pages with
picture objects and textframes leads to a collapse, I eventually tried
Publisher and, of course that would work fine. However I find it easier
working with Excel and therefore my question is: Can Excel handle lots of
A4-sheets with up to 15-20 rows where also each row gets a jpg-picture in a
frame? Or would this Excel-file also break up and lock after page 20?

I have tried a couple of pages and so far it seems ok. The resulting
catalogue is then supposed to be saved as pdf and burned on cd. I really hope
this works in Excel. I would really appreciate opinions and experiences on
this matter.

Patric.