Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chrisinct Chrisinct is offline

Default auto populating a cell based on another cell for an invoice

Thanks Ian that answers it.

"Ian" wrote:

You need your data in a range of cells eg in column F you have Car, Truck
etc and the corresponding costs in column G.
Then in C2 you have =VLOOKUP(B2,F1:G5,2,FALSE)

Change the ranges to suit.

Ian

"Chrisinct" wrote in message
I need to auto populate a cell for an invoice based on another cell that is
populated from a list.

Example- B@ = a list consisting of the following Car, Truck, Plane, Ship
A car costs $10, a truck $20, a Plane $30 and a Ship $40. A is the number
of items described in B.

When I pick Car from the dropdown list to populate B2 I want C2 to
populate
with $10 so that it can be multiplied by the number of items from A2 to
give
me a total dollar amount in D2.

I appreciate any assistance you can give.