Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to kill an ActiveX object

I don't know what a knob control is, but maybe you have to be in design mode to
delete it.

Show the Control toolbox toolbar
(View|toolbars in xl2003)

Then click on that design mode icon
Rightclick on the control and click cut
and toggle out of design mode.

Django Cat wrote:

Hi all

Just for fun, I inserted a 'knob control' into a spreadsheet. Now I can't select it or delete it. If I try removing the line or row the thing is in, it just reappears, and I get no options if I right click on it. I also get a 'do you want to run ActiveX?' message every time I start the workbook.

The particular worksheet this thing is in has lots of cross-references to other worksheets, so I don't want to have to copy the data (without knob) onto a new sheet.

How do I kill this thing?

Many thanks
Django Cat

Dave Peterson