Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Would I use "Lookup" to pick names for a Christmas grab bag

What you are saying now it that it ISN'T a random pairing.

I think your life will be much easier if you generate the list once, as originally
suggested, "freeze" the values, and make any additional modifications needed. So what if
YOU know who is paired with whom?

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:36:08 -0800, wrote:

Is there any way to modify this so certain combinations cannot occur?

For example, we don't want Name1 to get Name2 (or vice versa).