Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sierra Sierra is offline

Default Help with SUMPRODUCT please : )

Here is what I'm dealing with:

Summary sheet:
A B C
1 222220 3330 (Total of data from column L on other worksheet)
3333
33353
3330
33353
3333
33353

Dump sheet(different worksheet, same workbook)
Cannot have colomn headers/titles

A B C ............ L
1 222220 ..... 3333 ..... 596.35
2 222220 ..... 3330 ..... 254.98
3 222220 ..... 3330 ..... 1547.36
4 222229 ..... 3330 ..... 259.36
5 222229 ..... 33353 ..... 12.36

I need to the sum of the data in column L if the row contains a particular
number in column A and a particular number in column C. For example, I need
the total of expenses in account 222220 AND within department 3330 (so that
would be 254.98 and 1547.36). The data goes on for a few thousand lines, so a
formula to add the data automatically would be great!

Thanks to the help I've already received on this site, I have tried:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('FAST Dump'!$A$1:$A$2000=B6), --('FAST
Dump'!$C$1:$C$2000=C10), 'FAST Dump'!$L$1:$L$2000)

Where 'FAST Dump' is the data sheet, B6 is my first criteria and C10 is my
second criteria. All I get is '0'.

The formula evaluation apparently works out the fist part okay (--('FAST
Dump'!$A$1:$A$2000=B6), but the problem comes with the second part --('FAST
Dump'!$C$1:$C$2000=C10), where all results are returned FALSE and there are
definately multiple 'C10''s in the data sheet area selected. It does this
whether I hit 'ctrl, shift, enter' for the array or not, including the
dollar signs or not, selecting the data range or typing it in, and selecting
the cell with the criteria (B7 and C10) or simply typing in the criteria.

I'm up to 12 hours now spent on trying to work this out, and it's part of a
time-sensitive overhaul of our budget system. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sierra :)