Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Use Letter Template but not Mail Merge

Yes you can select individual "records".

Adrian Harding wrote:

I want to know if something is possible. Presently have excel
spreadsheet table containing a number of referenced records (at present
700) as below

|Ref|Date|Name|etc.....

Want to know if there is a way to do a kind of merge to a standard
letter of the data but only on a case by case basis rather than merging
the whole datasource into word. My ideal solutions would be something
where you highlight the row and press a button and hey presto. Problem
is dont know if can be done or how to go about.

Another reason i dont want to mail merge is due to lack of computer
skills of others that will be using it and trying to navigate to the
correct ref.

Thanks
Adrian Harding