Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default counting function but not double counting duplicates

=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(IF(rngC="Yes",MATCH(rngA&rngB,rng A&rngB,0)),MATCH(rngA&rngB,rngA&rngB,0))0))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"JRD" wrote:

Can anyone help
A B C
1 John 01/10/07 Yes
2 John 01/10/07 Yes
3 John 02/10/07 Yes
4 Andrew 01/10/07 Yes
5 Andrew 01/10/07 Yes
6 Andrew 02/10/07 Yes

I need to count the number of Yes in column C but if columns A and B are the
same in more than 1 row then I do not want to count the yes.

Therefore in the above example the number of yes that I want excel to count
would be 4 (as row 1 and 2 are duplicate as are row 4 and 5, therefore the
yes in column C in these rows are not counted)

Thanks

John

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.