Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wanda Wanda is offline

Default Formula Question

Perfect! Thank you!

"RagDyer" wrote:

You mention the "preceeding 3 cells".

Say A1, B1, and C1 contain the numbers in question.
In D1, try this:

=MAX(SUM(A1:C1)-3,0)
--
HTH,

RD

"Wanda" wrote in message
Thanks Don, but that isn't what I need. That only counts the number of
cells
that meet the criteria, I need a formula to produce the values.

Wanda

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the help index for COUNTIF

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Wanda" wrote in message
We only charge for a meal tray served if the number is over three per
month;
if they only get three, no charge, if they get four, we charge for one,
five,
we charge for two and so on.

Is there a formula that will provide the following:

If the sum of the preceeding three cells (totalling the number of
breakfast,
lunch and dinner trays) is = or < 3, I need it to return 0; however, if
the
number is greater than 3, I need it to return the actual number minus
3.

Any help?