Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Scientific Notation Truncation

If you really have 7.20117 E12 in a cell in Excel, then it must be text. So apart from text manipulation you can't do this.
Even text manipulation followed by conversion to number would not get you any further than 7.2E12, because of Excel's maximum
precision of 15 decimal digits.
To be fair, it's not an Excel limitation, it's a limitation of the IEEE floating point standard.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel