Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SSGMike SSGMike is offline

Default dates nad conditional formattine

I need some help. I am using excel to put together a maintenace log and I
cannot seem to get it to work the way I want it to. Here is my problem,
besides not knowing what I'm doing of course.
I have three columns for the maintenance dates. C2 is "Initial" (I got this
down, I put in the date), C3 is "Annual Due Date" (Again I think I got this
licked, I put in C2+365). Now here's where I'm pulling my hair out. I have
several things I want C3 to do and can't seem to get it to work. FIRST, I
want it to turn red when it is 30 days until the annual is due (C2) or
overdue. Second, when I put the date in C3 and it is within the year I want
it to turn green (Of course minus the time when it's within the thirty days
or overdue for annual maintenance it should be red), And if C3 is blank I
want it to be, well blank (this is for new equipment)
If anyone can help me I would truly appreciate it. Thanks!