Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Show a time 50 min before entered time

Enter the time as 07:00, not 0700.

You've talked of entering a time in D2, but then showing a different value
in the same cell D2. That's not something which can be done with a simple
reliable formula. You might do it with a circular reference, but that is
not recommended. You'll be better putting 07:00 in D2, and =D2-TIME(0,50,0)
[or =D2-"0:50"] in a separate cell.
--
David Biddulph

"cristo" wrote in message
I want to enter a time in cell d2 and I want cell d2 to show 50 minutes
earlier. What formula can I use.
At present when I format the cells as Hrs & mins when I enter 0700 the
time
returns as 00:00

Regards jcs