Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Google John Google is offline

Default Location of AddIns

Hi,

I developed an AddIn originally in Book2.xls. I saved it in C:\Excel
\AddIns\AddInToggle.xla. After doing this, when I look at this folder
in Windows Explorer it is not there. It is in C:\Documents and Settings
\<User NameApplication Data\Microsoft\AddIns.

It is listed in Tools\AddIns which I can select or de-select as
required. OK.

I then changed the VBA code in Book2.xls and saved it again in C:\Excel
\AddIns. This time, the Excel Save dialog shows that the file is there
and asked me to confirm the replacement!

Why can't I see this file in Windows Explorer? I have selected the
option to show hidden and system files.

Is this an Office / NTFS / XP feature?

TIA.

John.