Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Dave Dave is offline

Default links word to excel

Hello,

We have a Word document with approx 90 fields linked to an Excel
workbook. What we're trying to do is have an Excel VBA procedure step
through a table in the workbook, copy each record to the linked cells,
refresh the links and print the document, then on to the next record,
etc. The number of records is small (under 50), but the length is 86
fields (cells)

This idea would appear to work in theory, but it runs extremely slowly
and suffers from frequent crashes (usually Word). It seems to work Ok
when I drastically cut back the number of links, but the crash
frequency goes up as the number of links goes up.

Is the way to go, does anyone have any thoughts about this? To date I
haven't found anything on the Web or groups that quite addresses
this. Also, searching the Help didn't reveal any info re the maximum
number of links. I'm running Office 2007.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Dave