Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Create Outlook Contact from Excel

With Outlook open go to FileImport Export"Import from another program or file"

Follow your nose from there to choose your Excel workbook.

I would first save the workbook after giving your list a defined
name through InsertNameDefine.

Outlook likes that.

Note: the mapping can be done while importing.

To see the full list of fields Outlook has, export some of your your contacts to
a new Excel workbook to get an idea of what's available for mapping.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:15:01 -0800, Eric wrote:

How can I create an Outlook contact from Excel? Is there a way to specify
where the contact is saved? I would like to save it to my Public contact
folder (I am using Exchange 2007) or if that isn’t possible I would like to
be prompted to save it to a file location. Also Is there a list of what
fields Outlook uses? Like Business Phone, Email, etc.