Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default If formula

=IF(A1=39447,"2007","no")

"kanstrup" wrote:

Hello,
I have a formula here and I don't understand why it doesn't work. The
situation is such. I have a cell A1 that has a specfic date in it. If this
cell is an exact date that I deem as true then I want it to place the year
2007. If not, then I want it to place the text no. My formula is such:

=IF(A1="12-31-2007","2007","No")

Unfortunately my formula is wrong because I continue to get a "No" answer
when the cell A1 is that exact date of 12-31-2007. When I put a "<=" into
the formula, it works. I don't understand. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Chris