Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terri Terri is offline

Default EXCEL change which cell is selected next

Got it - thanks!
--
Terri

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

There is no Transition Navigator, there are 3 check boxes, one called
"transition navigation keys", one called "transition formula evaluation" and
"transition formula entry"
Once you have select excel optionsadvanced scroll to the bottom until you
find "lotus navigation keys"

Peo Sjoblom

"Terri" wrote in message
Did that - still can not find option to de-select Transition Navigator.
--
Terri

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Click the office button top left, then select excel optionsadvanced

Peo Sjoblom

"Terri" wrote in message
I want to use the Tab key to move right, and I know what I need to do,
but
can't even find Tools so I can get to Option...Edit ...etc. I clicked
on
the
Home icon, then on Exel Options, but nowhere can I find the option to
deselect the Transition Navigator. Can anyone help?
--
Terri

"BLUE TOPAZ" wrote:

I figured it out in an easier way....Tools..Options...Edit...I
selected
'down'. Now I am back to normal. Thanks for input

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Couple of ways to do this.

1. Unlock columns for data entry then protect the sheet. The Tab
key
will then
do as you wish or the Enter key will work if set to move right after
entry.

2. With no protection, start in column A and Tab your way across to
last data
column then hit Enter key to go back to A one row down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:08:02 -0700, BLUE TOPAZ <BLUE
wrote:

Hello
When working in Excel, I have always hit Enter at the end of the
line
I am
entering data into, and was always returned to the cell at the left
margin

Now when I hit Enter, the cursor goes to the cell beneath

I went into Tools...Options...Edit, but there is no selection to
return to
Margin or new line, only left, down, right, up. If I select 'left'
the
cursor just goes to the left cell

any ideas? thanks