Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default INDEX FORMULAS & MULTIPLE TABLES

The OFFSET(INDIRECT( formula should not crash, but it certainly makes Excel
work a lot harder!

Personally I try to avoid INDIRECT wherever possible.

Charles
_______________________________
UK Cambridge XL Users Conference
http://www.exceluserconference.com/UKEUC.html

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote in message
Thanks Charles,

I have used both formulas, both work perfectly. Thanks.

The 'offset' formula made the spreadsheet crash every now and again,
whereas the 'choose' formula no such crashes have happened.

I suppose the crashes could be because I am using XP office on a vista
machine?

Thanks again,

Aaron

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
Another (non-volatile) way using CHOOSE:

=INDEX(CHOOSE(B2,F3:H22,K3:M22,P3:R22),MATCH(B9,E3 :E22,0),MATCH(B3,F2:H2,0))

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am using the below formula to capture data from a table in my
spreadsheet:

=INDEX(F3:H22,MATCH(B9,E3:E22,0),MATCH(B3,F2:H2,0) )

Within the spreadsheet I have an additional 2 tables with data range
K3:M22 and P3:R22.

I want to be able to enter either 1 2 or 3 into cell B2..... Depending
on the reply; 1 will take data from F3:H22 - 2 will take data from
table K3:M22 and - 3 will take data from P3:R22

Thank you all in anticipation of your help.

Kind regards

Aaron